12:21 pm · category: Hotel Hell
Word to the wise: do not be the kind of employee who does the following things.
- Nods your head and says “I understand” when your boss (That would be me.) says, “I am having many beers tonight. Do not call me. The GSM is on call tonight (Saturday).”
- Ask your boss (Again, me.) to spot you $20 until payday and pick up a bottle of vodka when your boss drives 22 miles to the nearest liquor store without air conditioning in her car on a day when the temperature is 96.
- Come to your boss’s house on two different occasions on Saturday evening to use her restroom because you’re afraid to use the restrooms at the baseball complex.
- Mention to your boss that the baseball games you are watching will not be over until 3:00 a.m.
- Call your boss (Me, dammit!) at 6:30 a.m. on Sunday morning after she has had many beers to tell her you’re sick, so you can’t be at work at 7:00 a.m. on the busiest check-out day of the year.
I am so angry that I could cry. But I can’t because I’m too dehydrated.